Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Camilla's Roses

Camilla's Roses Camilla's Roses by Bernice L. McFadden

I don't know how I missed this particular book in 2004, because I thought I had read all of Bernice McFadden's novels. Needless to say, I checked it out of the library and I'm currently reading it now, and I must admit, I am intrigued as to what will become of the remaining characters, as I've already witnessed the destruction of a mentally challenged woman's beauty inside & out, following a terrible accident that claim the lives of her husband and unborn child... Oops, I don't want to spoil it for others.

However, here's a synopsis of what this book has to offer: Camilla has been estranged from her unruly family since she went to college, leaving behind a drug-addicted mother, a grandmother raising scads of abandoned grandchildren, and an addled great-aunt. Ashamed of her family and her race, she lightened her skin and adopted a false background. She is living a complete lie when tragedy strikes, and she discovers... Oops! again, I've said to much.

Bernice McFadden the author of Sugar, The Warmest December, and This Bitter Earth captivates her readers attention and won't let it go until the absolute end of her compelling stories.
View all my reviews >>

I did not receive a complimentary copy of this book to facilitate my review. The opinions are mine.

No comments: